Who we are
Endometriosis Clinic is a Canadian Centre of Excellence for endometriosis care, research and training located at McMaster University. This initiative is an innovative and evidence-based approach to the management of a complex chronic condition that severely affects the lives of many Canadian women. In order to provide centralized care for this complex condition, our program specializes in five core competencies (MERIT):
- Multidisciplinary, inter-professional approach
- Excellence and quality care
- Improved patient outcomes through innovation in care delivery
- Training: inter-professional education of providers and patients
Mission: To provide Canadian women access to tomorrow’s standards of endometriosis care today.
What to expect at your first visit
Your first appointment with our team with be communicated to you from your referring doctors office. Please bring the following to your visit:
- Health Card
- List of medications, vitamins and any supplements you are currently taking
- Name and phone number of your referring physician
- Name and phone number of your family physician if different from above
If you cannot attend your appointment for any reason it is important to call our clinic and reschedule at least 48 hours before your scheduled appointment. Failure to do so could result in a bill from our clinic.
- If you do not attend two consecutive visits you will be discharged from our care.
- We make every effort to see you at your scheduled appointment time but there may be a wait involved.
- We apologize for this inconvenience and strive to keep appointments on time.
- Our clinic has many different caregivers who will be helping you at each visit.
- It is very helpful to bring a diary of your medical and surgical therapies and their outcomes to your visit.
- A completed daily pain tracker is also recommended before your visit.
When To See A Doctor
See your family doctor if you suffer from any of the symptoms described above. They will be able to assess you to determine if you have endometriosis. Depending on the severity and type of symptoms you experience, your family doctor will be able to either manage your condition or refer you to the appropriate healthcare professional.